Wildlife SOS Shop is committed to protecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Wildlife SOS Shop may modify this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page occasionally to ensure that you agree with any changes. This policy is effective as of 5th November, 2020.
1. What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address.
- Demographic information such as country, post codes, preferences, and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Other personal data may also comprise your IP address, interest in Wildlife SOS Shop products, and we further collect information about companies who wish to be our sponsors’, donors and/ or partners to our projects and work.
2. What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We use the collected data to communicate with visitors to customize emails and newsfeeds for social media followers, to show ads on other websites to visitors, and to improve our website by analysing how visitors navigate the site.
- We may gather data about visits to the website, including numbers of visitors and visits, geo-location data, length of time spent on the site, links clicked, or how visitors arrived at the site.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our work and its updates through newsletters and emails on other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided. You can control your email preferences by clicking “unsubscribe” from any email sent to you, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research. We may contact you by email, telephone, or mail.
- We may also share such information with service vendors or contractors to facilitate a transaction or to analyse the visitor behaviour on our website.
- If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also collect data relating to your website visits that cannot identify you but may record information about your use of our website, and we may also collect your computer’s IP address to help us tailor the service to your location.
- Hence by accessing the website via any means, signing up for emails, registering or providing comments via the feedback tab, or making a purchase or donation via the website, you agree that your personal information may be collected; stored; used; and/or shared by us and our partners, service providers, and/or third parties we work with, for any of the following purposes:
(a) To provide, maintain, protect, and improve the quality of the website, including conducting anonymized market research, and to protect us and our visitors.
(b) To fulfill any contractual agreements between you and us.
(c) To tailor our advertising on social media to your use of the website.
(d) To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
(e) To contact you occasionally for your opinions and experiences of our work.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In addition, we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may also store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside the European Economic Area, which may have lower standards of data protection. Specifically, servers used by our website are located in India and the United States and our third-party service providers operate around the world. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. Although we have made our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to our followers’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis, and then the data are removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we have no control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information to receive newsletters and updates from us etc., you may change your mind at any time emailing us at email@example.com, or by clicking the unsubscribe link present in every email from Wildlife SOS Shop.
- We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
7.1 Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
7.2 However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
7.3 If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
7.4 Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law, including the following:
- to our payment services provider when you donate and/or purchase merchandise to process and complete your payment transaction initiated by you.
- to where you have agreed to our refer-a-friend scheme provider, solely to enable your participation in the refer-a-friend scheme.
- to our payment processor, if you contact us.
- to our provider of customer relationship management services, Engaging Networks (which allows us, for example, to send personalized email communications to you).
- to our provider of file storage and management services if you email us directly (Gmail and Engaging Networks)
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- These service providers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarize yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above.
9. Data Retention
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it; if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
10. Your Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- We maintain a procedure to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up to date, or choose whether you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
- In addition, you may object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Controlling Your Personal Information” section above.
- You may unsubscribe from certain email communications by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself. You may also update your personal information by writing to us at Wildlife SOS Shop, Shop No. 267, Defence Colony Flyover Market, New Delhi 110024, Delhi, India. You may also email us at email@example.com to access, correct, delete, or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, contact us using the information provided above.
- The website may occasionally contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Wildlife SOS Shop does not intend to or knowingly collect personal information on children.
If you have any further questions regarding the data we collect or how we use it, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing at the following address:
Wildlife SOS Shop
Shop No. 267,
Defence Colony Flyover Market,
New Delhi 110024, Delhi, India.