Volunteer With Us
By volunteering at the Wildlife SOS Rescue Facilities, you will make a major contribution to the welfare of over 200 bears and elephants in India. The majority of the programme fees will go directly to the centre thus providing a critical source of funding for future work. Working with the local community and the inspiring people who run Wildlife SOS is an opportunity of a lifetime!
No previous experience is required but you will need to be willing and enthusiastic. A strong interest in conservation and wildlife is recommended. You will need to be physically fit, able to tolerate high temperatures and humidity, work well within a team and be adaptable to living and working in a group.
As a volunteer you will spend five days working with the bears and elephants at Agra. Your first day at the centre will consist of an orientation session and a full campus tour. The orientation will cover both logistical information regarding how the centre is run and educational material detailing the fundamentals of animal welfare and environmental basics. You will be trained and supervised by the experienced animal keepers at the centre as well as the education officers. For your safety and the safety of the animals, please note that direct physical contact is not a part of the programme experience.
Each day is a little bit different at Wildlife SOS and volunteer activities may include the following:
- Food Prep for Bears/Elephants Including: Assisting Keepers in Cutting Fruits / Loading / Making Enrichment Treats.
- Distribution of Food to the Bears
- Cleaning, maintenance of the Enclosures and Facilities.
- Bear & Elephant routine observation.
- Making enrichment for animals like hammocks, honey logs, fodder balls etc.
- Gardening / Plantation /Nursery Maintenance & Development.
- Knitting of Coil Rope for Hiding Enrichments.
- Organization of Facility Resources.
- Facility-wide Mechanical Assistance
- Painting Maintenance Work & Plumbing Maintenance Work. Removal of Weeds.
If you have any further queries or are interested in volunteering with us, please download the application form, fill it out and email it to email@example.com or call +91-7351455544 (+44 7831 433106 in UK).
We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!